Monday, November 16, 2009

Gulliver's Creamed Corn

I was never a fan of creamed corn until I tried this recipe. I'll never go back to plain corn again. It's a must have at every Thanksgiving feast. I prefer to use the baby white sweet frozen corn instead of canned. I think the baby white corn gives the best flavor.

Ingredients:
  • 2 (20oz) pkg frozen baby white sweet frozen corn
  • 1 quart half & half
  • 1 cube butter
  • 8 tablespoons flour
  • 2 tablespoons Sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon white pepper
  • Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 35o degree F. Melt butter in a large pot and add flour to make a roux. Cook for a few minutes to combine the flour and butter. Add the corn and half & half to the roux and bring to a boil. Add the sugar, salt, and pepper to the corn mix. Pour the corn mix into ovenproof serving bowl. Sprinkle a generous amount of Parmesan cheese on top of corn mix. Bake at 350 degree for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment