Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pumpkin Bars

These bars are super yummy and perfect for the Thanksgiving holiday time.  This is not a recipe I created but one from a friend and is always a hit. 

Ingredients:
4 Eggs
1 & 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup oil
15 oz can of pumkin
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Frosting:
3 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar

Instructions:
Mix eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin in a bowl. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnnamon, salt, baking soda in another bowl.  At dry ingrediants to pumpkin mixture. Spread into pans or unto an ungreased cookie sheet (the one with sides). You want to keep it thin so I usually divide the batter into two or more pans (unless I use the cookie sheet, then I just use one).
Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes. I usually go for the lowest cooking time and check them with a toothpick (keeps them moist).

Frosting - mix cream cheese, butter, vanilla and  powdered sugar in a mixer. I usually add more powedered sugar to make the frosting stiffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment